Wednesday 11 January 2012

Welcome!

Image

I have wanted to work on a Blythe doll blog for years but have never had the courage to start one before.

I have been a Blythe lover since I read about Gina Garan in Bust Magazine way back in 2004, but at first it took me a little time to warm up to her. I found Gina's pictures lovely, but Blythe had an unnerving stare that I wasn't sure about. I thought that I was more interested in the Topper Dawn dolls and the BJDs that were also featured in the article, but, more and more, I found myself looking at those unnerving photos--really, they were hauntingly beautiful--and, before I knew it, I was in love with Blythe.

I'm cheap. I'll admit it, and so it was a while, perhaps two years, before I was psychologically ready to buy my first Blythe (Gwen, an ILYIT). I couldn't imagine spending that much on a doll, but I knew someone with an Asian connection who was able to help me find my first Blythe. It wasn't long before I had 5, and now I have 18. My newest dolly is Andromeda, a Sparkly Spark, that I got just in time for Christmas.

Through Blythe I have met a lot of lovely friends, both online and in person, and I am always amazed and delighted by the creativity that Blythe brings out in her fans. I love looking at custom dolls and perusing etsy for handmade dolly clothes. I myself love to crochet, needle felt, and sew for my own dolls, and I hope, one day, to make my own custom Blythe.

I am not entirely sure what shape this Blythe blog will take. I hope at some point that there will be stories and/or interviews, but there will definitely be lots of pictures of my own dolly adventures.

No comments:

Post a Comment